We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly, normally via our website or our customer services teams, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request,
- from our network of authorised BMW and MINI retailers,
- from our authorised BMW / MINI aftersales agents.
We may use your information (which we receive from you or third parties or learn from the way you use our products or services) for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and services you have asked for,
- to help us identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration purposes,
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
- to help us recover debts,
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- authorised BMW and MINI agents,
- from our network of authorised BMW / MINI aftersales agents,
- our carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services under one of our brands.
We try to keep our website secure. However you recognise when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
A "cookie" is a piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests;
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website : session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer ( how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Some of our Web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
You can find Information on how to disable or enable cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you.
You may contact us at the address below for these purposes.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training purposes.